Effective Date: 24th May 2018
Thanks for visiting Rivermead Global Ltd; Rivermead Global Ltd (“Rivermead Global Ltd”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy. When it comes to your personal information, we believe in transparency, not surprises. That’s why we’ve set out here what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
1. Some key terms
3. Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to Request More Information, sign up to our Newsletter or create an Account on our Furniture website, specifically email address, first name, last name and phone number. If you order any furniture we will also take your delivery and billing address.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
- Information from your use of our websites. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our websites, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the websites (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
- If you become a client of ours and we need to collect your personal details for purchase contracts we will need to collect all the above plus passport details, title, full postal address, date and place of birth.
4. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in three main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as Requesting More Information and filling out the form, signing up for our Newsletters or creating an account on our Furniture website).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our sites (including with technologies like cookies).
- If you become a client we receive the information directly from yourself via a reservation form.
a. Personal information you provide
When you use our Services, we collect information from you in a number of ways. For instance, we ask you to provide your name and email address to Request More Information or Sign Up to our Newsletter. You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form or participating in contests or similar promotions.
b. Personal information obtained from your use of our Services
When you use our websites, we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the sites, such as your IP address (es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our websites, what pages on our websites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices. If you’ve given us permission through your device settings, we may collect your location information.
All this data in anonymous, aggregated or in pseudonymized form which does not focus on you individually. We use this data to evaluate, provide, protect or improve our websites.
Some of this information is collected automatically using cookies and similar technologies when you use our websites.
c. Personal information obtained from other sources
If you use a Third Party Service (such as Property Portals like Rightmove, Zoopla, APITS) to register for an Account, the Third Party Service may provide us with your information on your behalf, such as your name, phone number and email address. Your privacy settings on the Third Party Service normally control what they share with us. Make sure you are comfortable with what they share by reviewing their privacy policies and, if necessary, modifying your privacy settings directly on the Third Party Service.
5. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provision of sending you property details as requested. If you have requested to receive details/information on properties found on our websites or sign up for our Newsletter.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about new developments, offers and other information we feel would be of interest.
- Drafting contracts. If you become a client of ours and purchase a property we pass the information you provide via a reservation form to the applicable developer.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Protection. Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g., to protect our websites from abuse).
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
- Invoicing. When purchasing furniture or other paid for services, we use your details to create an account on our invoicing system Freshbooks you are then requested to create your own password (we don’t or can’t ever see your passwords/usernames)
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you. For example, we need your personal information to pass to developers to draft contracts for property purchase, or creating an account for invoicing.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- Others’ legitimate interests. Where necessary for the purposes of a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our developers or partners. For example if you request contact from a recommended lawyer, insurance company or currency broker.
6. How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
Business partners. We may share personal information with business partners. For example, we may share your personal information when our services are integrated with their Third Party Services like lawyers/currency brokers, but only when you have been informed or would otherwise expect such sharing.
Developers. We provide your personal details to developers to enable them to draft your property purchase contracts, this information is provided by yourselves via a reservation form and you are in full control knowing what it is used for and where it is going.
- Process payments on our furniture website. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing our Terms of Service) or prevent fraud or abuse of Rivermead Global Ltd. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Invoicing. We create an account on our Third Party invoicing system Freshbooks however, they have no rights to take any information for marketing purposes.
- Business transfers. If we're involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of some or all of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.
7. Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information either directly in your account Freshbooks/Furniture website or by contacting us at email@example.com and request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including deleting your information/files) by contacting us at the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by ticking unsubscribe at the bottom of every mailer we send out or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting we do not contact you further.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal Information from our systems when you ask us to delete it.
8. How we protect your personal information
While no service is completely secure, we have systems in place to keep personal information safe. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession. We employ security measures such as using password protected computers and password protected cloud services for storing all our files, plus firewalls to protect against intruders.
9. How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria.
10. Data transfers.
Personal information that you submit through the services we provide may be transferred to countries other than where you live, such as, for example, to our developers in Egypt.
Your personal information may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. Once we transfer this information to Egypt we are not in control of how it is stored or used. If you are contacted by a developer for any reason other than you have requested (i.e. property purchase contract) you can reply to any emails asking them to stop contacting you.
14. Who is Rivermead Global Ltd?
When we say “Rivermead Global Ltd” (or “we”, “us” or “our”), we mean Rivermead Global Property, Rivermead Global Furniture and Rivermead Global Rentals. Rivermead Global Ltd is a fully registered company; Registration Number 08884767
15. How to contact us
Rivermead Global Ltd
Units 10-12 County End Business Centre